What affects your SEO ranking
The search engine ranking can be influenced using various parameters, the so-called ranking factors.
Basically, there is a direct connection between good rankings and traffic. Roughly speaking, the better the rankings, the higher the traffic.
Different search engines - different placements
The ranking of a website or a subpage in terms of keywords or keyword combinations varies from search engine to search engine. A domain can be in the top 3 on Bing with the keyword xy, but on Google with the same keyword it can end up beyond the first search results page. At Yahoo, other placements are possible.
The ranking shift looks similar if z. B. different language versions of Google can be used. With a search analysis software such as Searchmetrics, the differences in the ranking can be easily understood and tracked.
Traffic suppliers are good rankings
The point of good rankings is to get as much traffic as possible from the organic search results of search engines. The further up a page is placed in the result lists for a search hit, the greater the chances that searchers will click on this result and the higher the expected traffic.
This relationship is particularly evident in the top 3 hits. But in the course of the constant expansion of search results with data from the Knowledge Graph at Google, with integrations of the Universal Search from images, videos, maps and shopping, it can happen that organic top 3 rankings do not necessarily mean the best placement. Investigations with the help of heat maps and eye tracking have shown this.
What can affect my rankings?
Rankings can be influenced sustainably with the help of search engine optimization. Google and the other search engines calculate the placement of websites for certain search terms using very complex algorithms. How exactly the individual ranking factors are weighted, of course, remains a secret of the search engine providers.
The following factors are probably more closely related to rankings:
- the number and quality of backlinks
- Site information architecture and internal linking
- the placement of keywords in text elements such as meta title, description, text, etc.
- Term optimization of the content in relation to other documents on the same topic (Proof and Relevant Terms, Topic / Content Cluster, WDF * IDF)
- the url structure
- the trust of the relevant side
- Website loading speed
- Length of stay and bounce rate (in this case: how long does a visitor stay on the page before returning to the SERP)
- CTR from the SERPs to the side
- and probably other factors such as site traffic, authorship, timeliness, etc.
Rankings as part of the SEO audit and monitoring
Rankings prove the success or failure of search engine optimization. For this reason, placements for previously defined search terms should be checked regularly as part of audits. Ranking monitoring based on keyword sets is also useful.
This is important because ranking losses allow conclusions to be drawn about the quality of the landing page. At the same time, placement gains can serve as a yardstick for successful work. When a website is suffering from a hit in terms of keyword rankings, it is time for SEOs and webmasters to act.
Basically, however, it is important to work constantly on the success of websites. Because even if important rankings still exist today, this can change again in the short term, especially in the case of contested keyword positions.
- How can I stop doubting others
- Cisco certifications have an expiration date
- Who created bath when XXXTentacion is dead
- How scientifically valid is the philosophy of natural law
- Perform stampedes in Mecca
- Tesla has good customer service
- Why are Indians obsessed with IITians
- What exactly is a second cousin
- What do you think of RBI jobs
- Mazda bongos are still being made
- What is beyond heaven
- Why are screen protectors glass
- How do I sell a historical document
- Should I join Manipal VIT or SRM?
- What is a magnetic declination and inclination
- Are aluminum pans non-sticky
- How do I identify a tree type
- What is Osascript
- When to use lip gloss
- Are function objects in Java
- What is an art of ignorance
- What do clever poor people do
- What does GAEE stand for
- What makes startup culture so attractive?