How difficult is it to learn real analysis
Writing: is it already running or is it still stuck?
It is usually relatively easy to see whether a child needs additional support in mathematics. But other areas, such as writing, need to be looked at more closely.
Content of this article:Show
Often z. B. a shapely and legible typeface over other deficits, such. B. pressing hard and writing slowly. However, these lead to the fact that children cannot keep up with class, cannot finish tests on time or lose the desire to write and study due to cramped, sore hands. So here too, it is important to provide targeted support early on. How to identify potential special needs in your children's handwriting:
1. Easily recognize writing problems and their causes
Four factors influence the way we write and can cause problems with writing. The so-called key skills of writing motor skills - dose pressure, control speed, practice shapes and find rhythm.
© STABILO International GmbH
By observing your children, answer the following questions:
Dose pressure: Does my child write cramped and press too hard?
- Are the hands cramped so that the knuckles are white?
- Does what you have written penetrate and is it still visible on the next page?
- Does the child complain of pain in the hand, arm or shoulder or does the hand shake out while writing?
Practice form: does my child write illegibly?
- Have teachers and you noticed often that writing is illegible?
- Are journal entries untidy and confusing?
- Does your child find it difficult to draw even shapes (e.g. circles)?
Controlling the pace: is my child writing too slowly?
- Are booklet entries often not completely filled out?
- Does your child often not finish tests and dictations, and cannot complete all of the tasks?
- Does your child take a long time to do their homework because they write slowly?
Finding rhythm: Doesn't my child write fluently?
- Do letters tilt in different directions and are the spacing often different?
- Does the typeface appear irregular and uneven overall?
- Can your child e.g. B. Don't draw wavy lines evenly without pausing with the pen?
© STABILO International GmbH
2. Support with targeted exercises and solve problems
Could you answer one or more of the questions in the affirmative? Then the first step has already been taken, because now you can support your child with specific exercises in the individual competencies.
Dosing pressure - relaxed learn to write:
Learning to write and write often requires the children to concentrate fully and puts them under tension - which is often transferred to pen and paper. Then it is sometimes pressed so hard that the traces of writing can still be seen on the next pages. With so much effort, it is not surprising that the writing hand tires or hurts quickly. It is therefore important to learn to control the amount of pressure you use while writing. With writing motor skills exercises with a focus on pressure, children can train to write easily and persistently.
Download an exercise on this topic here
Practice form - learn to write legibly:
A legible font is characterized by the fact that letters are recognized clearly and quickly, i. H. can be read. This is possible if the decisive characteristics of each letter are observed. It is important to make it clear to the child when a letter is legible and easily recognizable and when it is no longer. Through targeted exercises in which the children learn to internalize the basic shapes of the letters, legible and automated handwriting is encouraged from the start.
Here is a suitable exercise for better readability
© STABILO International GmbH
Control the pace - learn to write faster:
At the beginning, novice writers often concentrate so much on the individual letter to be written that they become too slow. This can lead to performance problems, especially in higher school classes, e. B. for essays or dictations. If the letters can be put on paper without thinking, i.e. automatically, writing is faster on the one hand, and more concentration remains for the content on the other hand.
To learn to write quickly, letters and shapes should be trained with a focus on speed. Targeted training with a focus on speed makes it easier to write quickly.
Here you can find the free tempo exercise including download
Find rhythm - learn to write fluently:
A major challenge for beginners is to develop a consistent typeface. It is important that everyone finds their own individual writing rhythm, because even movements make the hand less tired, even with longer texts. Playful exercises with the special focus on rhythm promote writing motor skills and help children to automate their individual rhythm of movement.
For a rhythm exercise including download, click here
And if there is a problem in other places - test the scoyo learning world:
about the author © Lisa Meister
Lisa Meister is an expert on the subject of "learning to write" and wants to arouse enthusiasm for writing by hand. That is why she supports the playful training of writing and graphomotor skills with STABILO Education. The result is innovative and motivating exercise books, books, digital analysis pens with apps for all ages.
* This article was created in cooperation with STABILO Education.
- Bowls are an Olympic sport
- Is your name really Behrgen
- Are you related to Sirhan Sirhan
- What is the camera quality of your mobile phone
- What is programming in computers
- Is Logan in Avengers Infinity War
- Who designed people
- Which country was first in space
- Is capitalization important in SEO?
- Is there freedom in death
- Why Consolidate Student Loans
- Has Shake Shack franchise
- Who is the best actor
- What percentage of the Egyptians are Arabs
- Why is a geotechnician needed
- What is a derivative of a function
- What do Israelis think of Americans?
- Where is the India and Pakistan conflict
- What does she really mean?
- In which county is Oceanside California
- What is Bing's alternative to Adsense
- Why are modern philosophers not famous?
- How do you drive long distances
- Who are you 4